Saturday, September 29, 2018

Kak Long doing a Kodo

Sat 29 Sep 2018.



Caught Kak Long doing a "Kodo" today.

Back when I was a State Legislator (1995-1999), Adang and Kodo used to work for me in Kuala Pilah. Adang was a Class F contractor who spent a lot of time with me at my office at the MARA building, now demolished.  Kodo (real name Baharin) was a paid Party man who helped me with my Party work. I gave him a table & chair in the office. He would help my female clerk most days. Otherwise he would move around my constituency. Kodo has since died of natural causes. I went for his funeral in Sg. Dua. I was no longer a State Legislator then.

Adang worked well with Kodo. They knew each  before I knew either of them. Adang called Kodo "atok".

By this time,  the hand 'phone was already widely used, but there were no whatsapp and the other softwares yet.  So we kept in touch constantly. None of us kept regular times at the office. Not even the clerk, paid by me out of my own pocket, just like Kodo. Adang worked voluntarily, though he benefitted in other ways. Because of that, they would call each other over my programme for the week. Some of my programmes took place at night. 

One day I was with Adang in his car. We were driving around KP town, looking for a place to have "teh tarik", when we spotted Kodo sitting in his car parked in front of shop. Adang stopped his car right behind Kodo's, and called him on his mobile phone.

             "Atok kek mano ni?"
          "Kek pejabat YB lah"
             "Atok jangan pembongak ! Se belakang atok ah!"

We all had a good laugh. 

This afternoon, after attending my late cousin's daughter's wedding in Kg. Datuk Keramat, Idah suggested we visit Kakak, Kak Long's eldest daughter, because she had a car accident last week. Kak Mot said it was  bad, and  the car was badly damaged, and Kakak was hurt. 

Before that we had stopped at the Serdang fruit-stalls and had "lempeng kelapa" and "ubi kayu rebus" with "kelapa parut". I also did my zohor prayers. We bought some "ubi kayu rebus" and "goreng pisang tanduk", still hot from the embers, for the stop at Kak Long's house in Bangi.

The main gate ( in Kak Long's house, the back of the house is the main entrance, the front of the house faces the fence  - Zainal is an electrical engineer, not an architect ) was locked, but the small gate beside it wasn't. Which seemed strange - why lock the main gate, in the first place? But Kak Long does strange things all the time. Idah went into the compound and called a few times without getting an answer. It's a big, double storey house, so probably they couldn't hear her. But the clothes hung to dry indicated that if Kak Long had gone out, it must be near by. So I called her. She answered.

             "Kak Long kek mano ni?"
           "Ade kat rumah"
             "Jangan pemongak! Uncle kek dopan rumah ni!"
           "Heh heh heh !, Ade kat luar, sekejap lagi sampai"

She did a  "Kodo" on me.

I needn't have brought the goreng pisang. She bought some, too. Trying to appease me for doing a Kodo on me. 

Kakak was hurt in the accident, but thankfully it wasn't very serious.  The seat belt and the air-bag helped.

The goreng pisang Kak Long bought also helped. She could have gotten into serious trouble for the Kodo trick.


.............................................................................................................
             

No comments: