Saturday, October 13, 2018

Aziz

Sat 13 Oct 2018.



On my mobile he's listed as "Jingkung". It's a word his wife used a lot at one time. I put it on him years ago, and openly called him by that name. Even if someone answered the call, and I asked for "jingkung", they all know whom I'm referring  to. 

His real name was Abdul Aziz Samah. 78-year old Aziz  died Friday morning, after being in a coma for more than 2 weeks. He was apparently cycling but somehow was brushed by a car. A group of people who knew him happened to be around and rushed to his aid. He was still conscious, and declined to be taken to hospital, but being heavy-set, they decided to call the ambulance. By the time they got him into the van, he lost consciousness, and they had to take him straight to hospital, where they put him on assisted breathing in the ICU. He was in that condition until he passed away at about 10 a.m. Friday morning.

We had gotten close through all the years since he got married to my cousin. When he was in JB and stayed in Larkin, I visited him. I would drive across the causeway still in my sarong in the morning to go to Woodlands to buy some tinned fruits and fresh fruits and simply drive back to Larkin. Those days the traffic was light, and the Immigration nominal.

When I was the ADUN for Senaling he helped at the office. He also helped vacate it when my term ended.

Whenever I needed things to be done in KP while I'm in Seremban, such as my gun licence matters, Aziz was my man.

Aziz is no more now, and a part of my life, too.  I read the Yasin as they lowered his remains into the "liang lahad". May Allah Forgive you, Jingkung.


...................................................................................

No comments: