Sunday, March 29, 2015

Najib's daughter's wedding.

29.3.2015.

I've just returned from Najib's daughter's wedding at PWTC to-day. It was befitting a PM's khenduri, the set-up, decor and presentations. I was told the PM had catered for 20,000 guests !

The TWO, yes, two invitation cards I received told me I'd better attend. But because I was determined to go by bus, Idah backed out. I said people are trying to avoid traffic. The bus takes you to the Central Market LRT, where the LRT Kelana Jaya Line  takes you to the Mesjid Jame' interchange and you take the LRT Sentul Line that stops at PWTC right on the doorstep of the wedding reception.

I left Seremban early, giving myself two hours for the journey and a walkabout at KL Sentral. I had breakfast at the "Swiss Oven" with some chaps with the Formula 1 Teams from Sepang, and I walked about, and was still 15 minutes early. It was just as well, because I was able to enter the "Dewan Merdeka", and not "Dewan Tun Razak 1,2 &3" where it was buffet style. At "Dewan Merdeka" we were set 8 to a table. Those who came later had to be diverted to the other venues.

The musical interlude was pleasant, especially the young choir and dance troupe. They were tastefully dressed in Malay costume, and being children, all looked cute, made highly visible on the multiple huge screens strategically placed throughout the PWTC.  The crowd was typically Malaysian, of course, stingy with the  applause. In fact I was the only one clapping at my table.

The couple looked resplendent in their Malay costumes. The groom seemed serious, though, while the bride was chatty, now and then turning and saying something to her new husband.

Although we were set at the table, with the dome and all that, all around the hall there were also stalls offering all kinds of mee and laksa, teh tarik and cendul, and cakes. In fact when the ceremonies were finally started at half-past one, after the reciting of do'a and the newly-wed had joined the others on the bridal table, I noticed those close to the stalls had started to pick up their laksas etc, so I joined them. So I had Penang laksa before I dug into my nasi beriani.

I didn't wait for the official ending - it was almost three. Before I left, together with others with the same idea, I bumped into Kassim Tadin.

"What am I going to tell Najib afterwards, you're leaving early ?" Kassim joked.
"Tell him I've to do my solat zuhur lah" I said.

.................................................................................................




2 comments:

kaykuala said...

Wedding of the year it looks like. Big crowd!

Hank

zainal mokhtar said...

Fortunately the Kitalawan from Sogo were stopped from gatecrashing.