Friday, March 13, 2015

1MDB - the sequence.

13.3.2015.


In December I posted my first take on 1MDB. I'd said the PM must quickly come clean on this. Today is March 13. I need to jot a continuation on the story.

At the local UMNO Branch committee meeting several days ago I'd asked for, and received  a unanimous agreement to my proposal at tabling a motion on the subject of 1MDB at the next AGM, to be brought up to this year's Divisional AGM. I have already prepared the draft  since.

I'm wording it carefully so that my motion would not die prematurely. The tone is the acceptance of the PM's assurance that a full audit by both the company- appointed public auditors and the Government's National Auditor would be immediately done, and all wrongdoers would be prosecuted.

Since then substantial material has surfaced:
i. Several newsworthy names have come out.
ii. The Second Finance Minister has admitted the "unsustainabilty" of the company.
iii. Large funds have left Cayman Islands but are parked in Singapore.

Unsurprisingly, the opposition parties have gleefully jumped at the rich exposed vein.

I'm keeping track of the story, and will decide on what to include in my motion. I'll stick to my original proposition that the PM act now and do the right thing, or a big mess waits for him at GE 14. 


................................................................................................

No comments: