Friday, October 1, 2010

Reflections.

1.10.2010

In just 12 days' time Idah will leave for her pilgrimage, and I'll be "home alone" for about six weeks. That was about the length of time that I left her when I went for my pilgrimage, alone, twenty seven years ago.

She had three small children to keep her company then. We have four of them now, but they've all flown the coop, as they say. In fact Dekna, our only girl, was conceived after I returned from that pilgrimage. Checked the dates. 

Dek Ma, my sister, sms'ed me (how else, nowadays) saying Nora, her third daughter, is doing her housemanship now. So she's following Dr. Din's, her uncle, footsteps. Good for her. Only, I used to tease her about her skinny frame. But she's the tough outdoor kind, actually. 

Memi is still trying to get his bosses at CIMB to transfer him to their audit department. He needs the necessary experience for his ACCA, but they're not obliging.  Unlike his brother Ashraf, Memi, in spite of his girlish sounding nickname (I gave him a masculine name; the mother shortened it and it sounds girlish now) is not so diplomatic, and that of course explains a lot. 

The recent Raya saw a lot of weddings to attend. I went to some, the wife went to the others, and between us we covered all the invitations. I purposedly declined going to those invitations addressed to "Mak Idah & keluarga." There was also one with a double-reception; at home and a 5-star hotel. This was from her niece, a doctor, but the hotel part was conveyed verbally and only to her, and that, too, by a secretary. This I declined, but she went. Apparently a number of royalties also came, so I guess I wasn't missed. 

Ashraf  says the stork is coming again. If it's true, that would be no. 3. Banjat remains stagnant at one. Adib has said something to Idah, and she has taken her to "berubat" but I've kept my nose out of the ladies' conspiracies. 

Usop's spa is apparently operational now, after some problems with the Melaka authorities. I heard the Fire department was giving her a hard time, as was with  City hall. I don't understand the attitude. Where's the help for Bumiputra enterpreneurs ? I think they just want grease on their palms, honestly. 

My golf game is slowly, slowly coming back, after the 6-week break. I checked my 555 notebook, and see that I'm still in the black, so that's ok. I'm trying out some of the putting tips I see on youtube. You won't believe what you can catch on  webbsite. 

OK, I have to go back to the delayed Ryder cup match in Wales on Astro now. The first day, shown live, is delayed by rain, lots of it. Why they choose this place, I don't understand. I have been to Wales. It's wet. wet, wet. So, I may have to wait, wait, wait. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: