Friday, October 3, 2008

3 Syawal.

4.10.2008.


Today was "mee kari" day.

Many of the brothers and sisters-in-law, and the nephews and neices came today. All claim love for Mak Idah's mee kari. So, those who came   put all the mee inside of them, and some of the little ones  put some of the mee all over the carpet !

It almost became a "no-mee kari" day. When  Idah got up this morning, her right hand was throbbing with pain. Somehow, the idea of the family members coming  put the pain behind her mind for a bit.

Bang Tai & family also, surprisingly, came. Surprisingly, because we haven't gone to his house yet.  Normally "we go there before they come here".

Yusni, Bang Tai's  son-in-law also came, with bad news for Dollah  and s.i.l. Apparently there was a Kuantan buka puasa visit by Dollah  organized by the MB. Yusni said that judging by the attendance, both the breaking of fast and tarawih prayers were flops. In the meantime, the campaign for Youth chief had begun in ernest in Kuantan. The surprising leading candidate  is Khir Toyo. The s.i.l. apparently is getting the cold shoulder.

Earlier Kak Long & Kak Ngah(of the Kak Mot tribe) came with their supporters, both thin and fat, but mostly fat, and all totally hungry. I told Kak Long to check my blog, and she burst "Kak Ngah has seen it and is threatening libel." When Kak Ngah came shortly later, Nazamir was armed with a hot laptop, probably with the evidence. "My", I said. "This is quick !"

Let me assure both large girls, that I meant every word that I said. I'm not the least worried about libel because of 3 reasons:
(i) Libel isn't easy.
(ii) Facts are not libelous.
(iii) I don't need a third reason.

So in the meantime I urge Kak Long & Kak Ngah to gang up with Zainal & Nazir and try to attack me in their own blogs. Only don't ask Mak Idah to help. If you say " computer", she might think you're referring to the train service to KL ( She always say "moh kito poi klumpo naik komputer" ! ).

I told Azza(of the Bang Dek tribe) that I see she has taken the attitude " if you can't beat them, join them !". I mean, I can't believe this is the same Azza that complained "why is Bang Pin having so many children?". I guess now she knows. So, as long as Fadzil is cooperating and Azza is willing, I say "keep it up, guys !". Only thing is both Bang Pin and Azza will have to carry notebooks with photographs to remember not only the names and the chronological order of birth of their huge broods, but also to identify who belongs to whom. This is serious, because they are "susun paku", and already a Kuala Selangor breed is seen which doesn't look anything like the rest.

I had prepared some Raya packets, as usual. But in my haste I'd not put all the one-ringgit notes in the envelopes, where the single note  can stay hidden until the receipient reaches home. So I'm forced to give each kid very visible 3 whole ringgits. "Rugi, rugi !"


........................................................................................................



No comments: