Friday, March 25, 2022

The relentless epidemic hits home.

 Fri. 25.3.2022.

Finally, after more than 2 years, after all the sad statistics of victims and sufferings, and after completing the full vaccination program plus booster, Covid 19 found me. And sadly, through me, undoubtedly, my 3 golfing mates playing Tuesday 22.3.22.

I'm now self-isolating at home. There's no fever, and my oxygen level count is an acceptible 99. But initially there was some cough with running nose and sore throat. All three are almost gone now, with salt-water gargle, carbocisteine/promethazine cough syrup, Difflam throat spray, Difflam lozenges, and lots of lemon with "bunga cengkih" drink. Also coconut water. Mysejahtera update instructed isolation until 28.3.22.

Amil said Wed. he was negative. After Tok Sleman told me just now about his positive state as well as that of Tan Sri Hassan, I asked Amil to check himself again. He said today he has some throat irritation, not a good sign.

No. 2 Son also tested positive yesterday, and has gone home isolation. My sister's son-in-law in Gombak also fell victim recently. My brother-in-law's eldest son in Taman Negeri got his a few months ago. 

There's no escaping this epidemic, but everyone is elated about 1April for things to become "normal" again. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Ampang, where I live, has always been a "hot spot" from the beginning. Ong says he'll avoid playing at SIGC for a while - it's in the same area. Me, with Puasa just days away, that fateful Tuesday may be the last game until 2 weeks after Raya - about 2 months away. Seems a long time to stay away from the only sport I still indulge in. I'm thankful I even have that single one to think of.

I came back from the game feeling extra exhausted. And coughing a bit. I took a snooze after bath, without lunch. At 7 p.m. Dekna decided to test me with her Gmate made-in-Korea Covid 19 Ag Saliva Self Test kit. The 2 positive bars shot up immediately.

The 3 grandchidren were positive after returning from Penang for Hanif's family get-together, but they were confined to the "surau" in the house. We made no contact. But that is the most likely source for my contamination.

This epidemic isn't going anywhere soon.


................................................................................................

No comments: