Saturday, December 11, 2021

Jayos in Jiboi.

 Sat 11.12.2021.


This was some weeks in planning, this Jiboi rendezvous this morning. But the friendship is much longer. 52 years, to be precise. The visit was for only 2 hours, much too short. We didn't even cover the part about Sayed Muhammad, our common boss back in 1969. Sayed Muhammad would take a lot of story-telling. Jayos said he's in Seremban every month. I said another date must be put in place, maybe lunch as well.


Fauziah was there, but couldn't sit still. She was attending to customers. This house serves as a "makan shop", complete with tables and chairs you wouldn't expect from outside the gates. Her elder brother also runs a restaurant, "The Tobing" near the technical school. I would go there once in a while. If I can get parking space. The place is always full.


I wanted to regale Fauziah with my anectdotes of Jayos she would not know of.  I couldn't even start. The words were all rushing to get out all at once. We just picked randoms bits here and there. Too much time has elapsed, too much ground to cover in one 2-hour sitting.


Jayos is a friend who was easy to make, right from the first meeting in Syed Muhammad's old Contract Officer's office. They were sharing a small room then. Today's fresh graduate officers would be shocked if confronted with a similiar situation. I was also sharing a small office with Ali Seru, a retired police officer taken by Datuk Samsu the Land Administrator as his field officer. I didn't feel any inferiority, nor had any negative thoughts about it. Certainly Jayos took it as a matter of fact.


This posting merits a lengthy discourse, but suffice it to say that I make this brief notation as a reminder of more about Jayos later. I sms'd him about the brevity of the visit, and promised of more visits, now that I know he comes to Seremban often. He wanted to visit Bang Dek. They were together in Western Australia, studying. He said he'll do it later. I said he should visit him. He has not been in the best of health lately. He also lost his eldest boy, aged 53, during the peak of the PKP, though not because of Covid 19.


....................................................................................................


No comments: