Friday, February 7, 2020

Idris Ajit III

Sat 8 Feb 2020.




The "III" because this is the third time I'm heading the delegates to ask for the girl's hand in marriage for Idris, also the III son of Mashitok. The first time was in Rembang Panas, where the whole thing didn't even get to the "aqad" stage. It was something about "wang hantaran" or something like that. The second time was in Rompin, to the Imam's daughter, no less. But the marriage lasted all of two months, and as far as I can gather, it was never consummated. That break-up is now officially final and would pose no danger for the new arrangement, in as far as the Religious Department is concerned ( they can be unbelievably sticky) but as was discussed in the car just now, Idris must get rid of the old tenant's belongings before the new tenant checks into the Wangsa Maju house. The third bethrotal  this morning at the Mutiara Gombak Flats involves a 28-year old divorcee, "Adal", a receptionist at a KL hotel (Chow Kit Road, she said). As I also said over "teh C" and "roti bakar" at the Serdang rest area on the journey home, let's hope this one lasts longer. 

We had left S 2 early, at 8 a.m., it being Thaipusam and we were bracing for the expected monster jam in KL. In the end it wasn't as bad, maybe because we took the MRR2 and entered Gombak from the north, rather than Jalan Pahang through Gombak Setia past Acam's house. The problem was the apartment is on the 4th floor and the flat has no lift. Yah can hardly walk, even with a cane, and Idah has no cane but finds walking hard. So imagine climbing the stairs up 4 floors!


I found Adal friendly and humourous. Her present job may be responsible for that. I'm a sucker for those with a sense of humour. I hissed to Idris from the corner of my mouth "I like this one". That I never ever spoke to the first two may also contribute to this present bias. I told her "my son also works in a hotel. Maybe you can join him later. It's owned by Petronas."

I took the opportunity to lecture a bit, when the host urged for a start of discussion for the morning's mission. I said I only found out about today's visit 1 week ago, by 'phone. Normally I ignore telephone invitations, and the more serious the affair, the more particular I become. A nephew asking for help in a big event like this one necessitates a personal visit. A short notice demeans, and makes it worse.  Idris deserves to be ignored by me ! I explained that I chose to take the higher ground, accept his short, impersonal request, and present myself today here. I put on the songkok, and donned my best batik shirt, to show respect for the occassion. I saw Idris starting to utter something, but I shut him up by saying I invite no arguments here. I'm just stating my feelings plainly, so that Idris and "Adal" won't repeat this sort of thing in their future together. 

We were served meehoon goreng and iced orange drink. I took a bit of the meehoon, and asked for plain water. Only half -an-hour earlier we had stopped on the highway and had nasi lemak and telor pindang, and so were still full.

On the way back, we stopped again on the highway for refreshments. So when Yah said to stop for lunch at S2, I said no thanks, maybe next time.

The wedding is to take place in 3 weeks' time. Rushed? No, a good thing should be carried out to completion as soon as necessary. Only this time the story, hopefully,  would last, and not finish prematurely. God Willing, Amin !


....................................................................................

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you know there is a 12 word phrase you can say to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and instinctual attractiveness for you deep inside his heart?

Because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, admire and protect you with all his heart...

===> 12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Impulse

This instinct is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to try better than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

Matter-of-fact, triggering this all-powerful instinct is so essential to achieving the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You'll instantly notice him open his soul and mind to you in such a way he haven't expressed before and he will distinguish you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly tempted him.