Saturday, December 7, 2019

Milestones ?

Sunday Dec 8 2019.



Last night the children decided to get together and throw me, and Iman, my eldest granddaughter, a belated birthday party. 

It was great, even if a few days late. But the children are all working, even if it was the school holidays. And all 4 spouses are also working. But it was a nice venue (The Royal Chulan KL), a nice evening (no rain in a very wet week), and most of all, great company. In a rare moment, everybody was present.

No. 2 Son also took opportunity to celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary. Unbeknownst to the children, December 3 is also our wedding anniversary. No 48.

I thanked Lula, my third daughter-in-law, as I took my leave around 11 p.m., and said I don't know how many birthdays I have left to celebrate.  I know she & No. 3 Son picked the tab. I showed the hotel my i.c. and got a discount, but it was still not cheap. But, except for baby Zayd, all the grandchildren thoroughly enjoyed themselves, many forgetting their food, and everybody releasing the tied floating balloons. Most of them were still floating and stuck to the ceiling when we all left.

I took the opportunity to call together my 4 kids, and Dekna's Hanif, to announce to them that I'm immediately giving the Seremban house to Dekna. She of the four is the only one who has not yet bought a house. I don't want the house to be left abondoned once I'm gone, as commonly happens. So as Dato' Ismail Yassin advised, give it to one of the children, in this case my daughter, and not waste another house-purchase. Now any renovation plans have to be done by her. With No. 3 Son, my Charted Accountant, by my side, I however declared that I need to raise some funds immediately to settle  their mother's Ar Rahnu account  and also clear my bank overdraft, now that the 75 milestone is passed. I asked, and No. 3 Son strongly supported, that Dekna and Hanif raise a loan for the Seremban house.     Lula was also listening, and interjected that she can look at her bank for the possible loan. The Ar Rahnu, especially, has been bothering their mother these last few years. She wants the jewellery  back. 

I was happy to see No. 1 Son there, because in the past many family gatherings, except Hari Rayas, were  without him. I was also happy that, after I had sms'd, Iman came prepared to follow us back to Seremban and to stay a few days. She's already 14, and big for her age. Before you know it, she's a woman and will go out into the world, and her childhood will be forever gone. I want to share whatever is left whenever I can.  After all, she's only one of two granddaughters that I have. She was born in Selayang Hospital but spent her first months of  life in our house. I had tears in my eyes when we left them at  their newly rented apartment in KL. Her months'-old photo peers at me in my p.c. room, even as I post this blog.

75, 48,15, 14. All milestones. A lot to remember, but time moves on.  I thank God for the good health, the happy children and grandchildren. I hope they appreciate what they have. More. What God Provides.



............................................................................................................

No comments: