Sunday, October 4, 2015

Acik at Boting.

4.10.2015.

For some time now I'd wanted to visit Acik at Boting. She'd moved in with Nosa Ngatngat, I was told, since Jimikoling moved back his belongings to Acik's Senaling house. At that time Jimikoling only came back weekends, but now apparently he's moving back for good. In fact he came to Boting about 10 minutes behind us this afternoon and said he's rewiring the Senaling house, so that was proof. Jimikoling is a trained wireman.

This Boting plot was acquired by Pakcik Udin, and is a few acres in size. Nosa built the original house when Pakcik Udin was still alive. This was my second visit to the house, and I was surprised by the rebuilt house. It's been tastefully enlarged and redesigned inside and out. The fixtures were also nicely done. I thought Nosa said it cost her 200 grand ! The original house was less than 80 grand.

I asked to see Acik's room and was shown the middle bedroom with two single beds, a cupboard, a wall a/c and a stand fan. So I said to Acik she should just stay with Nosa here and forget about her Senaling house. I said Jimikoling loves his wife (his third) and Acik must accept that, and not be bothered about her ways.

Acik is my last remaining aunty. All other siblings of my late mother are gone now. Acik herself is almost 80 now, I figure. She's still healthy, but is becoming more forgetful. She couldn't recognize No. 2 Son at Calit's kenduri yesterday.

The Boting house should be good for Acik. The house sits in the middle of agricultural land, and the green scenery looks pleasant to me. There's a surau and a mosque nearby, so that part of her daily routine should be covered, though I don't think she goes to the surau anymore The only drawback seems to be the distance to the nearest neighbour. 

I should try to visit her more often, I resolve.


..............................................................................................................

No comments: