Saturday, January 25, 2014

Melang Inn Hotel

25.1.2014.

Melang Inn Hotel appears a redundancy since an inn is a hotel, but then you also have Holiday Inn Hotels. Anyway M.I.H. offers a surprisingly pleasant venue for Nosa's return reception for her son's wedding last month in Kulim.

I had to make a choice, because Onny and my younger brother Yusof also sent invitations for the exact same date and time, but both in KL. Because of my advanced involvement here, I decided for  the M.I.H.

I wanted to come back earlier to watch the Ladies Tennis Australian Final at 4, and I did. And as expected Li Na won her second Grand Slam 7/6-6/0 ! At 31!. The first Chinese, male or female.

Nosa had an excellent turnup, and the caterers had to top up the food several times, and the bubur pulut hitam and cendol and cakes were finished by 2 although the whole thing was supposed to last till 4. Ismail Lassim came but when I quietly left at 3 there was no Hasan Malek or Adnan. These were the Wakil Rakyats. They're not supposed to not come.

Capt. Hadi came with his Chinese wife (he has another one, a Malay) and I teased him " a different one ?" and his wife made a face. I sat with them until they left. Azrul from the Kulim group I also pulled up and he sat for a while before excusing himself. I'd been trying to match him up to Nosa's  nurse daughter, but she was too shy to come when I called her out.


Fauziah came earlier and taunted me " hey ex YB !" and I returned the compliments "I thought you're no more". "Ada, ada" she said. When she was talking to Neng I said to Neng "you can listen to her but don't follow whatever she says".  Fauziah made a fist at me.


As I said, M.I.H. is not bad. Sitting down the hall can take 400, and the air-conditioning is very good. Beats the sweltering tents, and at RM 500 each, the tents are  not cheaper.


It was good. Only Mawi didn't make his appearance as Gafal had intimated. Both are from Felda Johor schemes. Maybe he came with the Astro people after I left.


......................................................................................................




1 comment:

kaykuala said...

At least KP can boast of a decent venue.Not been there but pretty sure it's good given your attestations.

Hank