Saturday, January 22, 2011

More bye-elections & the stupid club.

22.1.2011.

Two more bye-elections are coming, and Hak Tam & I are at it again - RM 5 for the right guess of the winners. So at least there's money to be made from all this. 


BN should win Tenang ( and I win RM 5 from Hak Tam ) - Johore is not Kelantan. My sympathies  are with Cikgu Malang, oops ! Mala. I hope PAS can give her a job after this. I wonder what were the promises made that made her let go of her job to contest the polls.


Merlimau, too, should see BN win. The PKR lorry is steadily losing whatever momentum it got from the Dollah  debacle at the helms of UMNO. That gave everybody the inspiration to give it a hefty kick, and that included UMNO's own disgruntled members. Fortunately, Mahathir from outside, and Muhyiddin from inside, were courageous enough to say" enough " to Sleepy-Head.


The calls got the desired response from concerned UMNO leaders, not so much because the criticisms were true, but because any further delay in removing "Flip-flop" could spell the beginning of a quick end to UMNO.  Now it's still spelling " the end", but a bit slower - unless Najib & Co. grab the party by its short hairs and move courageously in the right direction. What that is, is another story. 

                                  ......

The bye-line on "the stupid club" comes from the show-cause letter I got from the club "for failure to give due notice" for pulling out of a particular club-organized event. 

You see, 24 hours prior to that event I had written to the club staff responsible that I had to withdraw because of a family matter.  Unless the club could get me on the first flight in the competition. That's not "due notice" ? The 24 hours may not sound a big deal,  but you must realise the draw was only made available the same morning that I gave written notice. 

And another thing, when the participants' list was first opened, I had put my name right at the top as the first entry. Why was I assigned to a late flight ? In fact to save participation I even got another member to agree in writing to change places with me. If the club was not so stupid it would have realized that the non-participation on my part that rankled it so much  could have been avoided by allowing for the switch.  Which should  have been unnecessary if it followed a simple logical "first-come-first-serve" system in its entry list. 

At the end of my reply to the club, after noting all the above,  I could not help putting in a dig "if you have just a little imagination, you would realize bla bla bla. " On hindsight I should have stuck to my original draft and written "brain" instead of "imagination". I don't think the club would have known the difference. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: