Saturday, January 15, 2011

A belated wedding reception.

16.1.2011.

Atan's son, Tizar or "TJ" got married two weeks ago, but that was viewed as the bride's kenduri, I think. So we on Atan's side of the family were invited to his reception today, first by sms, then by card handed out by Bot during Pa' Ijoi's daughter's wedding in Lonek on Christmas Day. I think the sms use was misjudged and impolite and perhaps this explains the absentees to-day - Anjang, Bang Tai, Mak Uda & daughters  and a few others. 

The venue at Felda Villa, staged as a garden party, was quite tasteful. The crowd was just nice for the smallish compound. There was a cosy atmosphere, and the mc was professional and succeeded to make the whole event relaxed and friendly. The "soalan teka-teki" was especially entertaining. It made a welcome change to the usual wedding-feast activities. 

The caterers could do with better cooks, though. The food wasn't great, though the layout was good. I've served Felda early in my career, and I think Felda's setting up (after I left) of the "Merak Kayangan", "Dewan Perdana" (it was supposed to be called "Dewan Rama-Rama" and even had a large stainless-steel rama-rama in front for a short while until the new Felda Chairman, for the first time a politician, shot the the rama-rama down) and now, recently, this villa, is a good idea. There's big demand in  KL  for function halls. 

 Atan is the youngest of the late Kak Mah's children. If I remember correctly, Kak Mah named him after the day he was born, Hari Raya Haji, thus Ahmad Adzharudin. But he was, as the youngest, "intan" (diamond, precious) and so," Atan". The memory of his late mother, the oldest of the sisters, and that this was Atan's first daughter-in-law, would have had me attend the reception, sms or otherwise. I suppose people have different priorities in their daily lives. 

 Atan may have forgotten it, but I was the one who gave him his present job in Felda Niaga.  In fact, indirectly, I also "gave" him his present wife, because they met at work. That is said with a certain fondness and demands no credit. I was in position to offer it, and my late sister-in-law's son was seeking it. 

We lingered right up to the end of the scheduled booking time, mainly because we were waiting for Memi & friend, who eventually made it before closing time. Then we went in tandem to Cik Ani's house in Taman Melawati for tea, and were together back in Seremban by about 5. 

Dekna , Memi & friend wanted to eat out that night, and we did. We lost track of time for the evening and finally came home and went to bed past midnight. 

Memi and Dekna  discussed together the bills, I don't know the outcome, but my money was safe. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: