Monday, November 8, 2010

Iman's weekend with Atok.

8.11.2010.

Iman my 4+ granddaughter called last week and said she'll visit this weekend, and she made good her promise. She knows Atok is all alone because Nanny is in Makkah. But Atok was in KL with Mak Su Dekna  when she reached Seremban Friday afternoon.  She called and I said we're on the way back. But what with the purchase at Low Yat and the quick dinner, Iman was asleep when we finally reached home. 

To make amends Atok and Mak Su Dekna took her to PD in Uncle Memi's car. We took her to Telok Kemang at the Batu Lapan beach and Mak Su Dekna brought her to the edge of the water so the waves broke over her little fair legs, and she seemed to enjoy it. I don't know if it's her first time, but she said "sungai" and we kept correcting her "laut, laut." 

When we took her close to the ponies she was scared and pulled away. It being Saturday, and what with the Deepavali holidays, there was the expected large crowd.  

The tide was in, and the waves rush  to the beach. I don't remember, though, the sand to be not white the way I always picture it. The sad part was the garbage floating at the water's edge and strewn most everywhere else - around the foodstalls and the concrete path and  in the drains. 

Building the foodstalls too near the beach also spoils everything. People come to picnic and bring their own food anyway. I remember the old days ( I spent part of my schooling at the 4th milestone College now no longer there) when old ladies hawk nasi lemak and kueh carried in rattan baskets walking up and down the beach. The beach was long and clean and the swimmers frolic in the clean looking water. 

We bought "ais krim potong" with the red beans in them, and Iman enjoyed hers and made a mess with the melting ice cream. I came prepared with a small towel and cleaned her up and threw the paper wrapper when she finished. No dustbin around, so I contributed to the anti-social behaviour by leaving the wrapper on top of a pile of rubbish somebody had collected on a stump by the track. 

We had to go back as it was time, but made a stop at Jusco. Dekna wanted to eat something and we got into "Secret Recipe", to Iman's  delight.  She's got  good appetite. 

That night she wanted to sleep with her Mak Su, but later Banjat picked her up to their room, because she's quite "lasak". Dekna  said the next morning  her head was this way and her feet that way.

I left for my Sunday golf before Iman woke up. I knew they would have left by the time I came back, and they had. I asked Dekna if they'll come back for Raya Haji, but she's not sure. I think I'll call her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: