Thursday, November 20, 2008

Of Najib, Mahathir & UMNO money politics.

Thursday, 20th. November,2008.

I've written about Najib many times in this blog before, and I stand to be corrected.

I've just read Mahathir's promise to give some names alleged to be involved in UMNO money politics. Maybe they'll finally sit up, the Supreme Councillors, that is.

I've already written about the UMNO candidate that lost the last GE for the state seat of Ampangan, Seremban, who's now under investigation for giving money to a delegate. That's a cut and dried affair, and if the Disciplinary Committee can't do anything with it, Tunku Rithauddin and the whole gang should just resign for incompetence.

I've said it in Kuala Terengganu and here in Taman Dato' Shahbandar, publicly, that up to this moment UMNO has done nothing about addressing the causes for its dismal showing in March. Now if Najib continues to parrot Dollah's  lines, he's a goner for sure. Why he's so keen to be seen as loyal to Dollah  to the detriment of his own future as PM bafffles me. He should realize that his uncontested candidature is by default, because of UMNO's inability to stand up for real democracy in its own politics. By the hands of kind history, the PMship has always been his, in good time. Only his own stupidity stands in his way, and parroting Dollah  at this juncture is a mark of stupidity of the highest category.

I'm eagerly waiting for Mahathir's publication of the names. I know in Jempol delegates were given as much as RM2,000 each. Amat Teleng in Kuala Pilah told me several contestants gave money to him (including an exco Pemuda Malaysia who cheated me of RM20,000 in a business deal).  So corrupt leaders could get elected, again. Should we all be surprised if corrupt practices continue ?

..................................................................................

No comments: