Saturday, November 8, 2008

The 2008 UMNO elections.

9.11.2008.

To-day, Sunday 9th. November, may be the last day of the divisional elections, but in fact is only the beginning of REAL elections posptponed to March, 2009. Looking at the whole thing from the ground up, I believe we're about to see the Party going through an internal war worse than the last GE. At least during the GE12  everyone knew who the enemy was. This is dog-eat-dog.

It's now more than 7 long months since the GE12. In spite of the wallopping that it got, as far as I can see, UMNO has done nothing at the grassroots level to address the malice shown up during that GE. Instead, everyone is intensely involved in the internal acrimony that has always featured in the Party's elections, only this time it's 10 times worse. And the potential disaster that awaits the Party for ignoring the soul-searching demanded of it in March is becoming almost inevitable. And the voters are watching.

I urge UMNO members to choose wisely in March. I don't put too much hope in that.

I urge UMNO members not to be swayed by money-politics. I put even less hope in that.

I urge Party leaders to meet all branches within 6 months to really find out what went wrong in the last GE. I can only hope in this.


.................................................................................................

No comments: