Monday, December 5, 2022

5-12-2022

 78 today.

How am I supposed to feel ?

The children, one after another, messaged their good wishes.

Plus a few friends who seemed to follow. At least those I'm aware of.

5 BB's (Budak Boys) from PD days took a trip to Bentong to sample some durians. Hank and I drove from Seremban to join the other 3 waiting at Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam. We were here only a few days ago, when we gathered, about a dozen of us, at Halim Rejab's beautiful double-storey bungalow. Today we rendesvoused at Md. Sham's equally grand abode, also at Bukit Jelutong. These people seemed blessed with expensive, lovely homes. They must cost a bundle.

Both meetings were about our planned re-visit of the old FMC campus at PD this 17th. December.

The Bentong trip was regarding one item for the 17th do - the durians.

Nawi had suggested this Bentong trip after Halim Rejab's house. Only Md Sham's MPV limited space prevented more than 5 from going, allowing for the driver.

The seller was contacted on my phone, and he quickly gave his location, even as we were driving through Bentong town. Modern communication ! We drove into the stall's parking area in minutes. No time was wasted in opening a couple of Musang Kings, and enjoying the expensive fruit. 

That was how I enjoyed my birthday today.

But I didn't let on. The durian feast set us back almost a thousand dollars (including the tapaus) Md Sham paid for the eaten lot, while Hank, Wahab Nawi (Navy) and NMD paid for their tapaus. If they knew that it was my birthday, I could have been 1,000 poorer!

I couldn't contain myself, and had to tell Hank about my birthday when we stopped for coffee and toast with half-boiled eggs at the Dengkil R&R on the way home. I'm sure Hank will divulge this info, but I'll be safe. But just now Sha Janggut showed he'd somehow got hold of today's pics, and as always, noted also about my birthday. Or maybe Hank's already at work.

So what happens to the durian purchase ?

Md Sham agreed that I finalise the supply from Seremban. My nephew's old KGV schoolmate has agreed to provide the durians (minus any Musang King, to control the expense) from his Manchis source. A downpayment has been arranged, thanks to Md Sham. I'll go to the Camp soon to alert the gate security about the delivery. And I just whatsapped Jimmy Ong to not miss the durian feast.

Meanwhile I'm at my lap top, savouring my 78th. year.

........................................................

No comments: