Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A 74th birthday.

Wed 5 December 2018.



To-day is my 74th birthday. It's Wednesday 5th December 2018. It's 27 Rabiul awwal  of the new 1440 Hijriah.  All quiet on the western front. 

Yesterday I had a celebration of sorts at the IOI mall.  I'd tagged along for Sham's 60th birthday lunch by Kak Long, and Idah told them about mine, so we shared the same cake and Happy Birthday song, all 8 of us. 

Later we adjourned to Kak Long's house in Bangi, where we finally ate the chocolate cake. We left after asr prayers and stopped for early dinner at Man Tomyam, Seremban. I reached home as the magrib prayers were heard on the surau's loud speakers.

So I had free lunch, tea and dinner, and the birthday cake. Dekna had bought me a dozen Titleist ProV golf balls and a new t-shirt (they used to call them polo shirts) a couple of days earlier. So all in all I did ok. Except for the revisit of the back pain I had 2 years ago. Now I can't play for a while. It's been 2 weeks now. The last time it lasted 3 months. I hope it'll clear up in 1 or 2 weeks more.

Meanwhile I'm thankful for everything just now.


...................................................................

No comments: