Wednesday, January 4, 2017

No more free parking.

4.1.2017.


This afternoon, Wednesday 4/1/17, it finally happened. My free parking in the centre of Seremban town has been revoked. All it took was for the boy who looks after the Wisma UMNO Negeri Sembilan to approach me as I was going to the basement car park, and saying, "sorry bro, I've been instructed to tell you that you can no longer park your car here."
"UMNO's instruction ?"
"Yes."

So the news spread by "Sinar Harian" Negeri edition and facebook have finally reached the powers-that-be in Negeri UMNO. My participation in the two talks organized by Bersatu at Ampangan and Senawang earlier last year had been given attention to by the said channels. Several people had in fact contacted me about it. Others that I met have mentioned it. My answer was, I wanted to hear for myself what Bersatu had to say here in Seremban. I also wanted to see what kind of reception Bersatu could muster. I already know the issues and the facts relating to 1MDB. The two gatherings impressed me with the simplicity of the message, and the enthusiasm of those attending.

A few days ago, while taking the halfway break in our morning golf foursome, Dato' Sulaiman inquired about Dato' Ismail Yassin's UMNO activities. I interceded about my decision to leave the party that I have been a member of since 1987. There the matter rested.

I just called Dato' Maulud about the parking ban, and we both had a laugh. They can keep the parking. I have other priorities in my short life.


...................................................................................

No comments: