Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Siti has left us.

6.4.2011.

Yesterday Siti died in the hospital in Shah Alam, and her remains brought back to Padang Lebar last night for burial in her kampong this afternoon.

I'm sorry we did not visit her in her last hospital stay. We were simply not informed. But then, she had been in and out of hospital many times before, and I suppose nobody expected it to be the last stay. 

I've known her and her husband only in the last seven years. Our meetings during this relatively short period had not been frequent, and for my part I can't honestly say that we've been close, but it had been cordial enough, I guess. I noticed Idah got on quite well with her. I suppose it's the woman thing. They had more common topics to talk about. 

But the last year we knew her, her health had been frail. She was not yet 80.  Idah and Dekna, who's on leave, had visited the remains last night itself, soon after its arrival at Padang Lebar. I couldn't come together because of a previously scheduled and rather important meeting of the housing estate's Islamic Association.

I went to pay my respects this morning, and Idah came again, accompanying.  The burial was carried out to-day. It could have been done before Zohor, but I suppose her husband, Cik Gu Rahman, wanted to have the Zohor congregation present for the solat jenazah.

Siti was my No. 2 Son's mother-in-law. He married Ija in December 2004. 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: