Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rock Foundation.

19.6.2010.

Only A K Bear and Hank know who "Rock Foundation" is, especially Bear because he was the one who gave Halim Shah this moniker. This afternoon, Saturday 19th. June, 2010, we were mostly all there - at Rock Foundation's daughter's wedding at the appropriately named Merak Kayangan Hall.

I was the last to come to my table - Zawawi, Bull, Jaye and their spouses were already there. At the next table were A K Bear, Jerry, Sha and partners. At the other table I spotted and waved to Rahman and Rosli, and then there was Mat Nor Gear, Harun Siraj and Aziz Hassan (the Lt. General). Gnanalingam(the Maika saviour) also came to my table, looking strangely bent at the neck. He said he feels no pain and only bystanders use to point his condition out. 

Gnana was with us - Suki and Hashim Bulat and Acan, at TMS until 1960 when he, Suki, Wahab Acin and I went to RMC. I reminded him that he sent RM 500 cash by normal post in lieu of attending my second son's wedding about 5 years ago. 

I must congratulate Rock Foundation for his reception - classy yet simple and not at all over-elaborate. This sit down affair is rare at Malay weddings today. Usually it's the lengthy and messy buffet lunch and not knowing where the bride and groom are, and frequently ignoring them, in fact. Here we all watched the lovely couple announced on arrival, salutations given, and with the usual pantuns, but all cut short and sweet, and then everbody invited to partake the sumptous lunch, washed down with tapai & icecream.

I had to leave for another appointment at 2, as also A K Bear and a few others. But up to that point Halim's khenduri was a success. Congratulations ! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

abdulhalimshah said...

Dear Zam,
I feel really humbled by your comments,especially when I know how critical you can be, on reading your postings.
I believe when you have done your best and then leave everything else to ALLAH S.W.T., you cannot go wrong. Alhamdulillah and my gratitude for your gracing my function. InshaAllah we shall meet again in December.